The conversion pursued the laying bare of the structure of the shops from the 1920’s, which have become obscured over the course of time. Besides removing all non-original and subsequently added elements, the existing wooden gallery was demolished and replaced by a new steel-enforced concrete floor slab, which offers a more generous floor area, as well as a contemporary ceiling height and load capacity.
Client : private, direct commission
Location : Stauffacherquai 58, Zurich
Project team : Rolf Iseli (project manager), Jan Henrik Hansen, Manuel Weber
Status : completed 2005
Photos : Flurina Rothenberger